From: <chris1011@aol.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] G11 to 900GTO adapter and question about AP portable
piers

In a message dated 4/2/2007 9:58:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
J.Zeglinski@rogers.com writes:

I recently purchased a set of the optional Losmandy glow in the dark
rubber feet for the G11 tripod.
I am not a fan of flexible vibration dampers under tripod feet. Rubber
underneath a mount tripod will cause variable polar alignment as the scope
moves
around the sky. Although it might kill vibration, it does flex with the
changing
moment arm of the various mount and scope componenets. Not a good idea for
imaging.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.