From: "Jeff" <jlc@sbcglobal.net>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:49 AM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] G11 to 900GTO adapter and question about AP portable
piers

"Bare ground" and the AP Pier? No problem, imo. Maybe even better than
the G11... the feet are closed (about an inch wide metal "foot")... the G11
feet are open and can sink in soft ground.

The G11 does have the advantage of being able to setup on faily non-level
ground. E.g. just adjust the legs to get it level.
(still, I found it a bit of hassle to level with the cut-your-hands tripod
leg knobs (I didnt upgrade).)