From: "Jeff Young" <jey@adobe.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 7:25 PM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: 16" LX200R on an AP1200

Joe --

I certainly had too much flexure when I was using a Losmandy dovetail to
mount it. (The biggest problem was differential sag between the front
and rear which caused collimation changes.)

I've since switched to Parallax rings on the 15" ribbed plate -- a
combination which is much more rigid. There is still some flexure left,
but I like that: with a star diagonal rotated to different angles I
never can keep directions straight so I get my bearings by nudging the
OTA and seeing which way the view moves -- and I also sometimes jiggle
the OTA to bring out really low contrast objects or details. But all
the flexure is still in the plate/rings -- I have essentially zero
backlash on both axes and the axes themselves don't exhibit any
measurable flex.

-- Jeff.