From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Joseph Zeglinski
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 10:14 PM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: 16" LX200R on an AP1200

Glad you are in contact, Jeff.

Just a thought - have you tested shaft and dovetail flexure,
which might
increase if you go to an even larger OTA, even if the cradle
bolts don't shear
off, first?

I wonder if taking a circumpolar exposure, by rotating the mount
quickly,
might show elliptical paths, if there is any sign of flexure on
the OTA
attachment.
Perhaps, as a guess, reflecting a laser pointer off the counter
weight shaft,
onto the ceiling or dome, might show the beam angle deflected by
tiny bends of
the shaft.

Joe