From: "ebuehrens" <ebuehrens@rcn.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 7:34 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: 16" LX200R on an AP1200

Gavin,

There's a guy named Jeff Young that hangs out on the Astromart
Equipment forum that has exactly this setup. Not sure he's too happy
with the OTA but the mount seems to take the load just fine. You might
want to email him.

Eric

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Gav" <gavbray@...> wrote:

I'm considering mounting a 16" LX200R on my new AP1200. I believe the
OTA weight is 110 lbs.

By the time accessories etc are added this would be close to the
advertised capacity limit of 140 lbs.

This concerns me and I wonder if anyone can offer any advice as to
whether this would be a suitable match or whether I'd be better with a
14" SCT (70 lbs). The scope would be used for visual work only and
housed in an observatory.

Is the extra 2" going to cause more problems than it's worth?

Thanks
Gavin

Yahoo! Groups Links