From: <chris1011@aol.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re:New member - advice on switching from G11 to AP900

In a message dated 3/29/2007 1:05:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
J.Zeglinski@rogers.com writes:

You actually have to "REMOVE", entirely, from the top sides of the pier
(pipe), these 6 screws (O.K. fewer, after you lose a few in the grass or
snow, at night).
Yes, you are correct. The three knobs are for the Mach1 mounting. I was
confused by the multiple posts and thought we were talking about the Mach1
vs. G11
mountings.

The 900/1200 uses 6 screws which need to be removed. However, it is just as
easy to remove the 4 knobs from the base of the mount and carry it out to a
permanent pier and re-attach without losing any polar alignments, as others
have
pointed out.

Rolando

See what's free at