Re: New member - advice on switching from G11 to AP900

Roland Christen

In a message dated 3/29/2007 1:05:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
J.Zeglinski@rogers.com writes:

You actually have to "REMOVE", entirely, from the top sides of the pier
(pipe), these 6 screws (O.K. fewer, after you lose a few in the grass or
snow, at night).
Yes, you are correct. The three knobs are for the Mach1 mounting. I was
confused by the multiple posts and thought we were talking about the Mach1 vs. G11
mountings.

The 900/1200 uses 6 screws which need to be removed. However, it is just as
easy to remove the 4 knobs from the base of the mount and carry it out to a
permanent pier and re-attach without losing any polar alignments, as others have
pointed out.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.