Re: New member - advice on switching from G11 to AP900

Joe Zeglinski

Thanks Joel,

You bring up some good points ... I'm feeling warmer already.

I don't think I would need to adjust a G11 azimuth when I (carefully)
transport the mount - assuming everything is locked down tight. That switch
should be perfect, an as accurate as the final twist in the G11 tripod head
slot. I suppose, that really is the same as snuggling the AP900 adjuster knob
back to position as well. I think I was confused by the large arcs in the fork
base slots, and worried that this placement could not be easily repeated. Now
I realize that it isn't as important as remembering against which azimuth
adjuster side the AP had initially been set to - just tight the other back.

Still, I might have an AP900 G11 adapter plate (2 inch high collar) made
for a drop-and-twist remount. Wish AP sold one along with all their other HGM
Losmandy parts.

By the way ... I just had to ask ... WHY are you still keeping the
G11/Gemini?

... do you all see me smiling more :-) ?

Thanks a bunch,
Joe