Re: Mach1GTO Waiting Time

Hank Sielski

Hi Tobert,

I was notified for the Mach 1 just this month (had to decline,
unfortunately). I think I got on the notification list for the AP400 in
early November 2003, at the same time I signed up for the Traveler...

My main rationalization for turning it down now was that I got a new AP900
GTO a year ago (March 2006). That was after I got on the notification list
in November 2004, coincident with signing up for a 155 EDF. The good news
for me here is that after getting the 900, I was able to convince my wife to
allow me to buy a 155 off astromart to go with the new mount!

Maybe I should have started looking for a Traveler sooner to justify the
Mach 1! Oh well...

Seriously, I think that the overall ramp up of mount production is reducing
the wait to 2 or 2.5 years or less, so hopefully you'll hear something in a
year or so...

Regards,

Hank

On 3/27/07, Jay E. Potts <jpotts@americanfocus.com> wrote:

Hello Robert,

I was notified last month for the option to purchase a Mach1GTO.
I got on the list, for what was the AP600, on February 28th, 2002.

Clear, Dark Skies,
~ Jay E. Potts
http://www.whirlpoolgalaxy.com <http://www.whirlpoolgalaxy.com/>
(Astrophotography)