Re: Follow Up on Attaching TOA 150 to AP900

Ray York <york.ray@...>

There are a variety of options (as I am sure you will see) but if
Parallax rings are the preferred method, you would need the
DOVELM2:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=6011&m=

DAP5:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=1359&m=

and Parallax rings (drilled for a DAP):
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=9820&m=

I would recommend going with the Tak plate:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=11366&m=

and the Tak rings:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=9817&m=

Due to the increased rigidity.

Ray York
Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird
(800) 850-2001
http://www.BuyTelescopes.com

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "flyrcairplanes" <jeffabbyben@...>
wrote:

Thanks Herb,

Can you and others go through the setup starting at the top of the
mount. For instance does the Tak dovetail plate attach directly to
the top of the mount or does it use a saddle plate? What about AP
plates? Parralax rings are less expensive than the Tak tube
rings.
Do they work fine? If people want to email me directly that would
be
great as well.

Thanks

Jeff