From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf
Of ayiomamitis
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:47 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Paramount ME vs. AP 1200GTO

--- In ap-gto@..., "heathkitguy" <W3DX@...> wrote:

Hi Gedas:

Well, it's a very hard question. But I'm leaning towards the
<snip>

Pluses for the AP-1200
--Legendary product performance and technical support
--Legendary company history producing outstanding products
--Smaller size
--Hand Controller enables me to preserve dark adaptation when in
visual mode
--Costs $3,000 less than the Paramount

Disadvantaes of AP-1200
--Not available for purchase
--Hand controller does not have a built-in pointing model capability
(yet). The Losmandy G11 (which I'm currently using) stores a
pointing model in the mount.
... or spend the $150 or so and purchase the TPoint software which
also works with the AP1200GTO ... and it will still cost you $3000
less overall (okay, deduct the $150 for the software). :-)

Anthony.

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities.
Links