Re: Stuck keys

Roland Christen

In a message dated 9/15/2006 7:16:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
peter@... writes:

occasionally when I am trying to center a star (I notice
more at high speeds) it seems to me that the directional buttons get
"stuck". After lifting my finger, it keeps going in that direction.
How long does it go in that direction? have you tried to see if it continues
to go? Check also to see if you have the keypad in the Encoder mode where it
shows the position of the RA and Dec coordinates as you slew. The encoder mode
continuously qeeries the mount for updated position, and it may be that the
"stop" signal from your button release gets delayed during this time. Try it
with the keypad in normal mode.