Re: Mounting 6" Tak on AP900GTO

Mal Speer <mal@...>

It is the same width as the Losmandy Plates 4". Doesn't BT make a
longer plate than 11 1/2 inches?
Mal
--- In ap-gto@..., "garyclemansgibbon" <gary@...> wrote:

Thanks Mal,

It's hard to tell much from your website, one tiny picture and no
specifications but it doesn't look like your 17" sliding bar would
be
wide enough to accomodate the 4" (approx) hole spacing for the Tak
rings.

If you look here you will see how the plate needs to be flared to
accomodate the holes...
http://www.bttechnologies.com/bt_dp.htm#

I have the Tak-02dp (second pic from bottom - mouse over to see it
with rings attached) and it is perfect except for being too short
at
about 11 1/5" overall length.

If you can provide a similar but 17" bar predrilled to accept the
Tak
rings as shown then let me know.

Thanks
Gary

--- In ap-gto@..., "Mal Speer" <mal@> wrote:

I make a 17" plate that might help. Check out my web-site
www.malcoprecision.com
Mal

--- In ap-gto@..., Gary Clemans-Gibbon <garycg@>
wrote:

Hi,

I have a dovetail sliding bar from BT Technologies which is
about
11.5"
in total length to go on my DOVELM16S which has 11" centers
for
the
screw clamps. Obviously no good. The clamps barely grip the
plate
and
there is no overhang to allow the use of a safety screw. Not
good.

My choices are to either find a longer sliding bar drilled for
Tak
rings
(TOA-150) or to buy a shorter saddle plate which can
accommodate
the 11"
plate.

The TOA is quite heavy and with guidescope, camera, holy hand
grenade
etc the weight will probably approach 60 or 65 lbs.

Is the 8.5" plate (AP part number DOVELM2) going to be up to
this
task?
Anyone hanging this kind of weight off one?

thanks
Gary