Re: PROBLEM GETTING SCOPE TO MOVE

Todd Gross <toddg@...>

Okay, I ran into a problem..

I have no problem with the mike (if I speak up) or the running of Digital
Sky Voice, but once hooked up to the scope, nothing happened. (scope did
not move, program functioned as if it had) I suspect the cable. I tried
both COM1 and COM2 settings in HARDWARE PREFERENCES.

The cable I used as serial, but was called "Mouse extention cable" Is it
possible the pins were reversed
(as a further illustration, I had to unscrew the little bolts (studs?) on
either side of the mail connector, because it was expecting to be "screwed
into".. which is why I'm suspecting that that may have been the culprit..
but I had thought it would work, so I am confused)

thanks!
-Todd

Boston Meteorologist Todd Gross
toddg@weatherman.com