Autoguiding help needed.

Mark Jenkins <markj@...>

After reading the SBIG and AP manuals I have not quite figured out how to
let my ST-5C perform auto-guiding duties.

I am using CCDOPS and the guide star is slowly creeping out of the guide box
in a southwestern direction. After about a minute or two it completely
leaves the box and the software complains about it. It also produced sever
star trails on an attempted 30 minute exposure of M31.

I did the calibration and left every setting alone. I also tried to "adjust"
some settings but I am still not getting it right.

Some basic settings and techniques from you auto-guiding gurus out there
would be most appreciated!

My mount is the 400 GTO

Thanks

Mark