From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf
Of aaeejmh
Sent: 01 March 2006 02:28
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: AP1200 tracking

Hi Adrian,

The symptoms you describe do not sound like the PEM waveform merely got
out of sync
with the actual worm position as this would not explain the stopped or
2x tracking.
"Clobberring" a few data points on your curve would not explain it
either as each point
represents much less than a (time) second. If PEC record got turned on
without you
realizing it, the symptoms are explainable. Use of the N-S-E-W buttons
to manually
navigate without realizing the mount is trying to record a PEM waveform
can result in the
behavior you describe when the resulting rogue waveform is later played
back.

If you are unable to re-record and properly play back a new PEM
waveform, then there is
something more going on.

-Mike Hanson

--- In ap-gto@..., "mogulskier_groups"
<mogulskier_groups@...> wrote:

Perhaps double-check the North/South hemisphere switch

Dave

--- In ap-gto@..., "Adrian Catterall" <adrian@> wrote:

I appreciate its not in the handset, but thought that the re-
booting of
the handset could send a signal to the control box. I know this is
unlikely as that is what we do when powering down the mount, but I
am at
a loss to explain the alteration to PE.

Any way looks like I need to re-do PEMPro. It was great having a
total
PE of 0.5 arc secs!

Adrian Catterall
Amateur Astronomer