Re: GOTO Mounts, Ease of use

MarkDambrosio@...

markdambrosi-@... wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto/?start=130
Just curious, have those of you who have the AP GOTO mounts,
i would like to ask how you found their ease of use when you first
got
them? (I'll probably be using mine with just the hand
controller
at first, due to a lack of a laptop)
Mark:

My mount was pretty easy to use right out of the box. However, the
alignment process can be a bit frustrating at first, especially if you
don't have an orthogonal setup (if you have a non-AP scope this may be
the case). I would strongly recommend getting the polar alignment
scope. You can get excellent alignment for visual work, and will only
need minor adjustments if you want very high precision pointing.

Derek Wong Hi Derek,
One thing i would like to do is possibly replace the "Cheesy" Parallax
tube rings, and buy a set of the AP tube rings. The Apomax has an OD
tube dia. of 6.5" AP does list a set of this size. Quality of the AP
rings, i assume should be vastly superior to the Parallax rings. I do
have a brand new AP 15" Dovetail Plate/Slide bar. I imagine this will
work on the 1200 mount, No? Mark