Re: GOTO Mounts, Ease of use

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

A friend likes to use a 48" pier with his 180EDT (he may be
getting a taller pier). To keep the eyepiece closer to the mount
he uses an 8x50 finder and a TV Ranger mounted near the
rear of the tube using two large tube rings. Along with the binoviewer
his OTA balanced much closer to the rear of the tube. I think he
will be replacing the Ranger with his AP 90. He loves the 90.

Rich

Rich, good point about the height affecting stability. I'll
keep this in mind. Perhaps the 54" height pier will be the best one.
The Apomax is quite heavy at both ends... Massive lens cell, and
massive 4" focuser. Mark

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto