From: C. G. Anderson [mailto:chris@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 3:47 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Remote focus?

Ron:

How far is your run? I was concerned about voltage drop.

Chris

Ron Wodaski wrote:

I use a JMI NGF-S focuser on a variety of scopes (SCT, refractors) from
the
comfort of my family room while imaging and controlling the scope
remotely.
I just run a long 6-conductor phone cable out to the focuser, and use the
JMI hand controller. Works extremely well. I got the DRO option so that I
can tell exactly how far I'm moving the focus position; I find this to be
preferable when focusing remotely.

Ron Wodaski
The New Astronomy Book Site - http://www.newastro.com