GOTO Mounts, Ease of use

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Just curious, have those of you who have the AP GOTO mounts,
i would like to ask how you found their ease of use when you first got
them? (I'll probably be using mine with just the hand controller
at first, due to a lack of a laptop)
Mark:

My mount was pretty easy to use right out of the box. However, the
alignment process can be a bit frustrating at first, especially if you
don't have an orthogonal setup (if you have a non-AP scope this may be
the case). I would strongly recommend getting the polar alignment
scope. You can get excellent alignment for visual work, and will only
need minor adjustments if you want very high precision pointing.

Derek Wong