Re: GOTO Mounts, Ease of use

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

Hi Mark,

The 54" pier should be fine for most observing. Most of
the time you can be sitting and part of the time you may
want to stand or lean on a ladder.

At this time I have an older 56" pier and mount I use with my 180EDT.
It is just a little longer fl than your APOMAX.

If you want to be looking straight overhead most the time then you may
want a longer pier.

Rich

Hi Folks, Just curious, have those of you who have the AP GOTO mounts,
i would like to ask how you found their ease of use when you first got
them? (I'll probably be using mine with just the hand controller
at first, due to a lack of a laptop) I'm hoping that they are not
too much of a head scratcher!, Also which Semi-pier (In height) would
you think to be suitable for the Apomax 5.2" F-12 refractor? (OTA about
60" Long) Thanks, Mark