Re: accuracy with planetary pointing

Roland Christen

In a message dated 8/16/00 1:05:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
visonneau-vin@infonie.fr writes:

<< have some trouble with my 900Gto when i want to see object of solar
system,the pointing is always out. >>

If you are in France, you should use time zone 0 in your location and turn
the clock back by 1 hour. This will make your solar system objects come in
closer. For some reason, France has chosen to be in time zone 1, but this is
really only accurate for the real time zone 1 which is centered at 22.5
degrees east, near Belgrade. There have been no changes in the calculations
of the planet data since the beginning. Even the latest version that we are
working on is still the same.