Re: 'learning curve'

Adrian Catterall <Catterall@...>

In message <200008091617_MC2-AF20-E96A@compuserve.com>, Brian
<100662.1062@compuserve.com> writes
Hi all,

I am interested in achieving sufficient pointing accuraccy (with minimal
frustration) to locate ccd objects that can't be detected visually.

I have sufficient ccd experience to image objects I can see.

I expect the only question with an AP-GTO would be:

'How long will it take me to learn the controls and method of setup of
this mount for portable use?' - Can we discuss this please?

I live in the UK, (Essex) and have not seen any AP mounts. Would anyone
within reasonable travelling distance be willing to show me one, or will
anyone be bringing one to the Skycamp at Thetford in about six weeks time.

Brian Boggenpoel.

I'll be at Thetford with probably an AP400 GOTO mount

Adrian
Adrian Catterall, CCD astronomer
email: Catterall@observatory.demon.co.uk
Visit my Web page at: http://www.observatory.demon.co.uk