Re: AP 1200 - Robotic Capabilities

Yves Laroche

Hi Mark,

If there is a difference between both drivers from within TheSky, IMHO
this difference should be the same when drivers are used from two
different software.

YES, if your keypad is set to EXT or unpluged, TheSky can initialize the
AP servo controller without any problem.

Hope this help.

Yves

aajohnah wrote:

Yves,

Actually NO I do not go back and forth on driver in TheSky.
TheSky was always set to AP driver

ACP was always set to AP driver
I did not use ACP and TheSky together for this little comparison

The Ascom AP driver from what I know will be changing real soon, so that it
can initialize the AP mount.

Also you CAN NOT initialize the AP mount now with anything other than the
Keypad or Pulse guide. That is why the change in the Ascom AP driver.
TheSky AP driver from what I know does not initialize the AP mount at all.
Daniel maybe I am wrong but do not think so on this one either.
So if you think you are initializing the AP mount with TheSky and the AP
driver this is where you are off and it can be big too

So I think your experiment from the way I am reading it just confirms the
problem with thinking that other drivers will initialize the AP mount.

Mark
www.aajonahfish.com/astronomyhaven.htm
N 27° 52' 20"
W 082° 28' 57"